Davide, Magpale break ground for P111.5-million building in Carcar Prov’l Hospital

Gov. Hilario P. Davide III and Vice Gov. Agnes A. Magpale led the groundbreaking ceremony of a P111.5 million six-storey building for the Provincial Hospital in Carcar City on Wednesday, Feb. 6.

The new edifice, which is among the expansion projects initiated by the Provincial Health Office (PHO) for the four provincial hospitals, will increase the CPH-Carcar’s bed capacity from 50 to 150 beds.

“This is a shining moment for the Cebu Provincial Hospital (CPH) in Carcar City. It is a fulfilment of our promise to prioritize health and provide accessible and quality services to the people,” Magpale said.

Davide, for his part, was elated by the positive feedbacks he got from patients on the hospital’s services when he visited them in their rooms.

“Ang atong tumong gyud na mahatagan nato og dekalidad, libre ug maayong serbisyo ang atong mga pasyente, ” he said.

The governor also extended his gratitude to Magpale and the Provincial Board for supporting his health programs, which are on top of his administration’s Six-Key Development Agenda.

The construction of the building is expected to be completed in 370 days.


Dr. Rene Catan, PHO chief, said the CPH-Carcar is currently providing services to 250 people every month, both admitted and outpatients.

Catan also reiterated that services of all Capitol-run hospitals are free regardless of the patient’s economic status following the amendment of the Cebu Province’s Revenue Code of 2008, which was approved by Davide last year.

The move is also to lay down the groundwork for the Universal Healthcare Law with which Cebu Province was picked as a pilot area for its implementation. The bill is now in Malacañang awaiting approval by President Rodrigo Duterte.

Earlier in the day, the top Capitol officials also turned over an evacuation center worth P5.8 million to Sibonga town. The shelter, the 10th facility built by Capitol across the province, can house up to 50 people.

Aside from the inauguration of projects, Davide and Magpale also led the distribution of cash incentives to barangay workers in Sibonga and Carcar.

At least P2.4 million of cash gifts was handed out by Capitol to 1,344 barangay workers in the two local government units of southern Cebu.

Present during the events were officials of the town, city and barangays, as well as Capitol executives, including Baltazar Tribunalo Jr., Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office chief; lawyer Ramil Abing, executive director of the Cebu Provincial Sports Commission; and provincial engineer Hector Jamora.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *