The Cebu Provincial Government turned over seven coasters worth P20.975 million to the different municipalities in the Province on May 6.
In behalf of Gov. Hilario P. Davide III and Vice Gov. Agnes A. Magpale, Provincial Administrator Mark Tolentino led the ceremonial turnover at the Cebu Cultural Center in Barangay Lahug, Cebu City.
The recipients were the municipalities of Ginatilan, Tabogon, Cordova, San Fernando, Ronda, Tudela and Poro.
Tudela Mayor Erwin Yu, Cordova Mayor Mary Therese Sitoy-Cho, Tabogon Mayor Zigfred Duterte, Poro Mayor Luciano Rama Jr., Ginatilan Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Officer Mary Joy Emnacen, San Fernando Treasurer Edsel Laguda received the symbolic key from Tolentino during the turnover ceremony.
Each coaster costs P2.996 million.
Tolentino thanked the guests for gracing the activity.
“As manifested by the presence of these vehicles here, which is their continuing commitment to all LGUs under the Province of Cebu, they (the governor and vice governor) would be giving each and every LGU a bus to serve the needs of their constituents in their respective municipalities. So, again, thank you for being here. We’re honored to have you here with us and congratulations to all of us for the acquisition of these new vehicles,” said Tolentino.
In his speech, Yu said the new bus would be a great help to their town whenever there are activities that the youth, athletes, senior citizens and persons with disabilities need to participate, especially if the venue is out of town.
“Mopasalamat ta kay dako baya gyud ni og gamit nato kining coaster puhon labi na ang mga bata naay acitivity. Di na sila mosakay og dumptruck… In behalf sa tanan mayor, thank you kaayo. Ang mga saad natuman gyud,” he said.
For his part, Duterte said the town’s members of the women organization, senior citizens, among others, will surely benefit the new vehicle.
He said the municipal employees can also use this if they need to attend government seminars outside Tabogon.
“Ako isip mayor sa Tabogon, magpasalamat ko sa Province nila ni Gov. Hilario Davide III ug Vice Gov. Agnes Magpale at least nakadawat ta og patrol car ug coaster bus,” he added.
Earlier that day, the Cebu Provincial Government also turned over 24 patrol cars for the different units under the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO).
The Province spent a total of P25.152 million, or P1.048 million each, for the purchase of the vehicles, said Jason Maceren of the Provincial General Services Office.
In November 2018, a total of 23 patrol cars were also donated by the Province to the CCPO, bringing a total of 47 vehicles given to the police force.
“It will help us a lot, especially this coming election day,” said Abrugena, referring to the midterm elections set this Monday, May 13.
The turnover ceremony of the police service vehicles were led by Tolentino and Provincial Legal Office Head Orvi Ortega, who represented Davide and Magpale, shortly after Fr. William Alcalde administered the blessing rites.