Republic of the Philippines
Province of Cebu
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP SELECTION COMMITTEE
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR COMPARATIVE PROPOSAL
The Cebu Provincial Government, pursuant to Cebu Provincial Ordinance No. 2015-04 (dated 16 March 2015) otherwise known as the “Province of Cebu Integrated PPP Code”, through its Public-Private Partnership Selection Committee (PPP-SC), hereby gives public notice that it has received and accepted the Unsolicited Proposal of Basic Environmental Systems & Technologies (BEST), Inc., the original proponent and which have been conferred Original Proponent Status (OPS) to enter into Joint Venture Agreement (JVA), a PPP modality, with the Provincial Government of Cebu to design, construct, develop, operate, and manage an engineered sanitary landfill in an 18.74 hectare property owned by the Province of Cebu in Barangay Dawis Sur, Municipality of Carmen, Cebu. After completing detailed negotiation, the Province of Cebu is now ready to accept comparative proposals.
The salient features of the proposed Project are: a) It will involve the design, planning, construction, operation and management of the Cebu Provincial Cluster Engineered Sanitary Landfill (hereinafter referred to as the “Facility”); b) It will be compliant with the pertinent provisions of Republic Act No. 9003; c) It will address the solid waste disposal (Municipal Solid Wastes) requirement of 12 cities and municipalities in the northeastern part of Cebu Province; d) The Facility shall have a lifespan of 23 years with a minimum capacity of 600 tons per day; e) The proponent will undertake the financing of the project.
Interested parties must submit their Notarized Expression of Interest (NEOI) to submit a comparative proposal on or before January 11, 2019 at the Cebu Provincial Legal Office, 2nd Floor East Wing, Provincial Capitol Building, Escario St., Cebu City.
The notarized expression of interest with complete supporting documents as determined by the PPP-SC must contain the following:
- The challenger is a Filipino citizen, or if a corporation, must be duly-registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and owned up to at least sixty percent (60%) by Filipinos, or a joint venture or consortium, presenting existing in which Filipinos have at least sixty percent (60%) interest. Appropriate documents must be presented to provide proof thereof.
- The challenger must possess the equipment and the operational capabilities for the design, plan, construction, development, operation, and management of a sanitary landfill. Appropriate documents must be presented to provide proof thereof.
- The challenger must have technical staff with established expertise and technical competence to implement and supervise the design, planning, construction, development, operation, and management of an engineered sanitary landfill. In this connection, it shall submit the curriculum vitae of its key personnel, as well as proof of employment of these personnel with the challenger and their respective relevant experience to the required provision of services.
- The challenger must be able to comply with the terms and conditions stated in the Terms of Reference (TOR), as evidenced by a notarized statement to this effect.
- The challenger must agree not to prevent or impede the Award of the Project and the carrying out of the same in any manner, as evidence by a notarized statement to this effect.
Those who filed their notarized expression of interest on or before January 11, 2019 and thereafter included in the short-list may obtain from the Provincial Legal Office the Terms of Reference (TOR) upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifty Thousand Pesos (Php 50,000.00). Only those who filed their Notarized Expression of Interest on time and purchased copies of the Terms of Reference shall be allowed to participate in this competitive selection procedure.
The following timelines/schedule of activities shall be strictly observed:
- Publication of Notice of Invitation for Comparative Proposals in a newspaper of general circulation: December 21 & 28, 2018.
- Posting of Notice of Invitation at the Provincial Government’s website (cebu.gov.ph) and in the conspicuous places within the Cebu Provincial Capitol Building: December 21, 2018.
- Submission of Notarized Expression of Interest along with supporting documents for the purpose of being short-listed for eligibility at the Cebu Provincial Legal Office: on or before January 11, 2019.
- Eligibility Check to short list qualified Private Sector Proponent: January 14 &15, 2019.
- Sending of notice of eligibility or non-eligibility to PSP: January 16, 2019.
- Release of Terms of Reference: January 17-24, 2019 upon payment of the sum of Php 50,000.00 in cash or manager’s check (non-refundable).
- Pre-Selection Conference to be conducted by the PPP-SC at the Dignitaries Room, 2nd Floor East Wing, Cebu Provincial Capitol Building, Cebu City: January 25, 2019 @ 2:00PM.
- Deadline for Submission of Complete Comparative Proposals (CP), including full qualification documents for final qualification purposes, technical proposal, financial proposal, at the Cebu Provincial Legal Office: on or before February 26, 2019.
- Opening of Comparative Proposals: February 27, 2019 @ 2:00PM at Dignitaries Room, 2nd Floor East Wing, Cebu Provincial Capitol Building, Cebu City.
- Evaluation of Comparative Proposals: February 28-March 22, 2019.
- Within thirty (30) days from Receipt of Notice from the PPP-SC, the Original Proponent (OP) can exercise the Right to MATCH the superior or more advantageous comparative proposal, if there be any.
- Thereafter, the issuance of the corresponding NOTICE OF AWARD.
If no notarized expression of interest is submitted within the time frame set forth above, or if there be any, but the same is found incomplete or defective, that tantamount to failure to submit any NEOI, the Project shall be awarded to the Original Proponent (OP). The same condition will likewise apply, if no Comparative Proposal is submitted within the timeline above-mentioned, or in case there is and/or are comparative proposals submitted, however, same is found to be incomplete or defective, as if no comparative proposal was submitted at all.
Further, pursuant to the aforesaid Ordinance, the Original Proponent (OP) shall be given the right to match the superior or more advantageous offer to the Province of Cebu, as determined by the PPP-SC.
Finally, the PPP-SC reserves the right to (1) reject any and/or all applications for qualification and eligibility found not in conformity with aforesaid Ordinance or with the requirements above-mentioned without incurring any liability to the affected Private-Sector Proponent; and (2) accept the offer it deems most advantageous to the Cebu Provincial Government.
CONTACT INFORMATION: PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP-SELECTION COMMITTEE (PPP-SC)
c/o Atty. Orvi G. Ortega
PPP-SC Secretary & Cebu Provincial Legal Officer
(SGD) ATTY. MARK C. TOLENTINO
PPP-SC Chairman & Provincial Administrator