Top Stories
  March 21, 2023
IN PHOTOS: Gov. Gwen Garcia convened all mayors in the Province of Cebu, regional officials of government line agencies, municipal and city veterinarians and representatives from local swine producers in a meeting on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, to explain the policies on ASF response and handling other swine diseases that will be implemented by the Cebu Provincial Government. (Alex Badayos)
News Stories
GOV. GWEN: NO ASF OUTBREAK IN CEBU - Gov. Gwen Garcia issued this strong statement in a press conference Thursday, March 22, asserting that there is no African Swine Fever (ASF) outbreak in Cebu amidst growing fears about the disease due to the Bureau of Animal Industry’s (BAI) insistence that some areas in the province are now infected.

March 22, 2023
PRIVATE HOG GROWERS APPLAUD CAPITOL’S POLICIES VS ASF THREATS - Rolando Tambago, president of both Central Visayas Pork Producers Cooperative and Pork Producers Federation of the Philippines, told Gov. Gwen Garcia that according to their estimate, 5 million hogs have been lost in the fight against the ASF. But out of this figure, however, only 20% of the loss was caused by the virus while the remaining 80% were casualties due to the culling protocol by the Department of Agriculture. (Photos: Junjie Mendoza)

March 20, 2023
CAPITOL GLOBE TO REPURPOSE DRUG REHAB CENTER IN PINAMUNGAJAN - Capitol officials and Globe Telecom, in a meeting on Thursday, March 23, agreed to convert the 102-bed capacity New Life Center drug rehabilitation in the town of Pinamungajan into a multi-purpose building. (Photos: Alex Badayos)

March 23, 2023
DAMAGED NGCP LINES IN MANDAUE TO BE FULLY REPAIRED IN MAY - The damaged transmission cables of the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) along Ouano and UN Avenues in Mandaue City will be fully repaired in May this year.

March 22, 2023
MANDAUE TO PROCEED WITH PLAN TO BUILD GOV`T CENTER AT CICC SITE - The Mandaue City Government will now proceed with its plan to construct a new government center at the site of the now-abandoned Cebu International Convention Center (CICC). (File Photo)

March 23, 2023