Governor Hilario P. Davide III wants immediate resolution to the disputed partition wall in Asiatown IT Park in Barangay Apas, Cebu City.
He said the civil action involving the controversy would only further delay the Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) Complex currently built by Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI).
The BPO complex is a Php 1.7 billion joint venture project sealed by the Capitol and Filinvest in 2012 under a Build, Transfer and Operate scheme.
“The province has a big stake there kay (because) joint venture project man gud na sa (of the) province with Filinvest,” he told reporters at the Capitol last November 3.
The wall, which was built by Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corporation (CPVDC), separates the IT Park from other establishments in the area. The perimeter fence built on Geonzon St. also separates the IT Park from the joint venture project of Filinvest and the province.
The said portion of the wall was ordered to be torn down by the Cebu City Government in line with the exercise of its police power on account of “general comfort and health.”
Speaking on the demolition, the governor said, he already “saw it coming” early this year when he read the legal position of the city government. He said the area concerned is a public domain, which the city can validly exercise its police power.
However, CPVDC with co-plaintiff Asiatown IT Park Association Inc. secured a 20-day Temporary Restraining Order from the court to prevent the defendants from demolishing the wall last week.
Named defendants of the case were FLI, project contractor Megawide Construction Corp., and Cebu City Government.
Even with the lawsuit, the governor said this will never stop them talking to each other and possibly come up with a “mutually beneficial compromise.”
He said the delay will affect the projected income of the province from the project. “I hope ma resolve dayon ni nato (we can immediately settle the issue),” he added.