Home / Provincial News / Family of ‘raped’ baby receives comfort, aid

Family of ‘raped’ baby receives comfort, aid

| by: Kelvin Cañizares

Apparently in a good mood, the baby smiled, kicked her feet, and threw occasional gleeful squeals as Jobel, Gov. Hilario Davide III’s wife, cradled the infant in her arms during the couple’s visit at the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD 7) office in barangay Labangon, Cebu City yesterday.

The mother, who was quite surprised of the Governor’s visit, narrated to the couple what happened on the night when her child was whisked away from their house.

Last week, Cebuanos were stunned when the terrible story tainted the local dailies, provoking netizens to spew spiteful reactions against Jonathan Marfe, the primary suspect over the abduction and rape of a clueless cherub.

Kita sa provincial government mutabang pod. Ang ilang balay wala pa man human, ato nang tabangan nga mahuman. And then we will give them financial assistance,” Davide said.

The governor assured the mother that the Capitol would help them pick up their lives, adding that the family would receive an initial financial assistance of P10,000.

Davide added that the family, whose livelihood was selling rice cakes, would be provided with their needs while staying at the facility.

Pasalamat ta nga okay na ang bata, pero dako og tulubangon ang suspect,” said Davide.

Also yesterday, Capitol sent an engineer and social worker to Barangay Perrelos, Carcar City to check on the construction materials needed for the repair of the family’s house.

Aside from the packs of rice, canned goods and milk, members of the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO) also checked on the condition of the other siblings.

“In terms of financial assistance, we will also finalize it kung pila gyud,” said PSWDO head Marivic Garces.

Garces said that they are now assisting the family in filing their case against Marfe, who was arrested last Friday by Carcar City police.

“We want to see to it that he will be convicted,” Garces said referring to the frightful act of Marfe, who is now facing charges of abduction and statutory rape.

Also, presidential assistant for the Visayas Michael Dino gave out P10,000  in financial assistance in behalf of President Rodrigo Duterte. (Kelvin Cañizares) Photo by Donald Moga

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Comment