Cebu Provincial Government
Cebu Provincial Government


CSBT improvement ongoing  

The Cebu South Bus Terminal (CSBT) passengers will soon enjoy convenience.

This, after Cebu South Bus Terminal Operations Manager Ramon Dumayac revealed during the weekly “Kapistorya sa Kapitolyo” last August 14 that there is an ongoing upgrading  of  the terminal’s  electrical system from single- to three-phase.

At the present, the single-phase electrical system at CSBT cannot sustain and power up the airconditioning system.

The management requested the passengers to temporarily brave the hot environment inside the terminal as a result of non-functioning airconditioning units.

Improvement of the terminal’s electrical system started last May. It is expected to be operating two months from now.

Building Permit

Last March, Dumayac admitted that the terminal has long been operating for 20 years without a building permit and occupancy permit.

“We are doing everything for the compliance of the building permit since the upgrading of the electrical system for the restoration of the air conditioners is also dependent on the completion of the terminal’s proper documents,” the operations manager said.

The CSBT’s management happily reported that the process of the permit was doing good but also admitted that the procedure and the result might not be fast.

Last week, the management of the Bureau of Fire Protection office in the city conducted an ocular inspection for the releasing of fire clearance.

According to the city’s fire department, the terminal lacked proper fire exits and sprinklers but suggested that CSBT’s management can submit a supplemental plan to obtain the clearance.

During the Kapistorya, Dumayac was asked if he once thought about the city giving them a difficult time to acquire the permit.

“I trust the people that are involved in the processing and I know the procedures might not be easy but it is moving forward,” Dumayac answered.

Provincial Information Officer Ethel Natera also said that the Capitol was not entertaining the idea that the city was trying to delay the process to force the Provincial Government to transfer the terminal to Minglanilla, Talisay or South Road Properties.

Mayor Michael Rama had proposed the idea of transferring the terminal to another area, a day after he closed the Citilink.

Wa11900966_876012919138734_303121109_ola mi mihunong sa pag-plano og mga improvements dinhi bisan pa man sa mga istorya nga naay posibilidad nga ibalhin ang CebuSouth Bus Terminal sa laing dapit (We did not stop from planning improvements amidst talks of possibly transferring Cebu South Bus Terminal to another place),” Dumayac added.

From January to July of this year, the terminal earned P5 million from the taxi stand, P3.9 million from the toilet fees, P5 million from the stall and rental fees, and P23 million from the bus stand, with a net income of P40 million.