Home / Provincial News / Capitol pledges P1M for Sinulog

Capitol pledges P1M for Sinulog

| by: Stanley Cin

IMG_4468The provincial government pledged P1 million in aid to Sinulog Foundation Inc. (SFI) for this year’s Sinulog Festival.

In his meeting with Governor Hilario P. Davide III at the Capitol on Friday, January 3, SFI Executive Director Ricky Ballesteros thanked the governor for the support.

Aside from the financial assistance, the governor will also provide buses for the contingents coming from the different towns and cities in the province.

For Cebu province, nine local government units will join the competition including the typhoon-hit areas of Bogo City and Tuburan, northern Cebu.

Unlike his predecessor, Davide said he will be there as a guest. He will not be a performer nor will there be a contingent from the Capitol.

However, he will attend the holy mass in the opening salvo on January 10. He will also watch the competition in Cebu City Sports Center.

Ballesteros said the super typhoon Yolanda that hit Visayas, including northern Cebu, has really affected the out of town contingents.

From 40 contingents last year, only 35 are set to join this year. There will be no contingents from Leyte and other areas heavily affected by the typhoon except Bogo City and Tuburan. Xerxes Alkuino