Republic of the Philippines
PROVINCE OF CEBU
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Cebu Capitol, Cebu City
INVITATION TO BID
- The Province of Cebu through the CY 2017 (TF-Regular-416 DOF Bureau of Treasury-BUB), intends to apply the sum of ONE MILLION PESOS AND 00/100 (Php1,000,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the CONSTRUCTION OF CONCRETE CANAL WITH COVER (L=300m; W=0.50m; D=0.60m) AT POBLACION, ALCOY, CEBU. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
- The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee now invites bids for the SUPPLY OF LABOR, MATERIALS, AND INCIDENTALS for the CONSTRUCTION OF CONCRETE CANAL WITH COVER (L=300m; W=0.50m; D=0.60m) AT POBLACION, ALCOY, CEBU under Re-Advertisement No. 17-121. Completion of the Works is required for the period of NINETY ONE (91) calendar days. Bidders should have completed a contract similar to this Project, equivalent to at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II. Instruction to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least seventy five percent (75%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents is available and may be acquired by interested Bidders on November 14, 2017 until December 6, 2017 from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB in the amount of One Thousand Pesos (P1,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that bidders shall pay the fee for the bidding documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on Friday, November 24, 2017, at 2:00 P.M., BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor, Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City, which shall be open to all interested parties, but attendance is not mandatory.
- Bids must be duly received at the BAC OFFICE, Ground Floor, Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City, on or before 10:00 A.M., Wednesday, December 6, 2017. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
Bid opening shall be on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 10:00 A.M., BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor, Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- A Certificate of Site Inspection issued by the Provincial Engineering Office, 3rd Floor Capitol Main Building, Cebu City, will form part of the Eligibility Requirement, during the Submission & Opening of Bids (BAC Resolution No. 083 series of 2017). Schedule of Site Inspection will be on November 17, 20 & 21 2017. Please coordinate with the above-mentioned office @ tel. num. 888-2328 local 1431 or 253-3981, for the assembly area. The assembly time is at 8:00-8:30 A.M., please be on time.
- The Province of Cebu reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat MARK C. TOLENTINO
Ground Floor, Provincial Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City Chairman Tel. No. 888-2328 loc.1214, 253-7160; 239-5817, www.cebu.gov.ph