Republic of the Philippines
PROVINCE OF CEBU
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Cebu Capitol, Cebu City
INVITATION TO BID
- The Province of Cebu through the CY2017 (Trust Fund – Regular – 416-DBM), intends to apply the sum of ONE MILLION
TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS AND 00/100 (Php1,200,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to
payments under the contract for the CONSTRUCTION/IMPROVEMENT OF BRGY. HEALTH CENTER (BIRTHING) AT
PUERTOBELLO, TUDELA, CAMOTES ISLAND, CEBU. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected
at bid opening.
2. The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee now invites bids for the SUPPLY OF LABOR, MATERIALS,
AND INCIDENTALS for the CONSTRUCTION/IMPROVEMENT OF BRGY. HEALTH CENTER (BIRTHING) AT
PUERTOBELLO, TUDELA, CAMOTES ISLAND, CEBU under Re-Advertisement No. 17-075. Completion of the Works is
required for the period of SIXTY THREE (63) calendar days. Bidders should have completed a contract similar to this
Project, equivalent to at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding
Documents, particularly in Section II. Instruction to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified
in the Implementing Rules and Regulations(IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government
Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least seventy five percent
(75%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address
given below during office hours.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents is available and may be acquired by interested Bidders on August 8, 2017 until
August 30, 2017 from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents pursuant to
the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System
(PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that bidders shall pay the fee for the bidding documents not later
than the submission of their bids.
6. The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on Wednesday, August 16,
2017, at 2:00 P.M., BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor, Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol,Cebu City, which shall
be open to all interested parties, but attendance is not mandatory.
7. Bids must be duly received at the BAC OFFICE, Ground Floor, Capitol Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City, on or
before 10:00 A.M., Wednesday, August 30, 2017. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable
forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
Bid opening shall be on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 10:00 A.M., BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor, Capitol
Main Building, Cebu Capitol, Cebu City. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to
attend. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. A Certificate of Site Inspection issued by the Provincial Engineering Office, 3 rd Floor Capitol Main Building, Cebu City, will
form part of the Eligibility Requirement, during the Submission & Opening of Bids (BAC Resolution No. 083 series of 2017).
Schedule of Site Inspection will be on August 10, 2017 until August 11, 2017. Please coordinate with the above-mentioned
office @ tel. num. 888-2328 local 1431 or 253-3981, for the assembly area and departure time.
9. The Province of Cebu reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at
any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat
Ground Floor, Capitol Bldg., Cebu City
Tel. No. 253-9614; 416-6065
ATTY. MARK C. TOLENTINO