Republic of the Philippines
PROVINCE OF CEBU
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Cebu Capitol, Cebu City
INVITATION TO BID
1. The Government of the Philippines (GoP) has received a Loan from the World Bank towards the cost of Philippine Rural Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the contract for Alegria Integrated Potable Water Supply Project / (PRDP-IB-R007-CEB-005-000-000-2015).
2. The Province of Cebu, implementing partner of the Department of Agriculture, now invites bids for the Alegria Integrated Potable Water Supply Project. Completion of the Works is required by 360 calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within the last five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost for this project is Ninety Five Million Six Hundred Thirteen Thousand Pesos (Php 95,613,000.00).
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee of the Province of Cebu and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from September 16 – October 17, 2016 from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the bidding documents in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos Only (Php 5,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the PRDP website (http://www.daprdp.net) provided that bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
As part of the transparency measures being instituted by the Department of Agriculture (DA), the bidders can virtually visit the site of the above described subproject at http://www.daprdp.net where geotagged base photographs are viewable. The DA, however, requires that all potential contractors who will be awarded the contract under the project shall have undergone geotagging training provided by the PRDP Project Support Office.
6. The Province of Cebu will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on October 6, 2016 at 10:00 AM at the BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor Capitol Building, Cebu Provincial Capitol, Cebu City which shall be open to all interested parties.
7. Bids must be delivered on or before October 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM at the BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor Capitol Building, Cebu Provincial Capitol, Cebu City. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration or Bid Security in the amount of One Million Nine Hundred Thirteen Thousand Pesos (Php 1,913,000.00) in the form of Cash/Certified (manager’s or cashier’s) check or in the form of Bank Guarantee issued by a universal or commercial bank.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The Province of Cebu reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat
Ground Floor, Capitol Bldg., Cebu City
Tel. No. 253-9614; 416-6065
ATTY. MARK C. TOLENTINO