Republic of the Philippines
PROVINCE OF CEBU
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Cebu Capitol, Cebu City
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
INVITATION TO BID
- The Government of the Philippines (GoP) has received a Loan from the World Bank towards the cost of Philippine Rural Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the contract for the above subprojects.
- The Province of Cebu, implementing partner of the Department of Agriculture, now invites bids for the above subprojects. Completion of the Works is required by duration as shown above. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of R.A. 9184, with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost (EPC) for these projects are shown above.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BAC Secretariat of the Province of Cebu and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents is available and may be purchased by interested Bidders onthe dates as shown in the above table from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (Php 5,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement Systems (PhilGEPS), the PRDP website (http://wwwdaprdp.net), and the Province of Cebu’s website (www.cebu.gov.ph, under Transparency) provided that bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Document not later than the submission of their bids.
As part of the transparency measures being instituted by the Department of Agriculture (DA), the bidders can virtually visit the site of the above-described subproject at http://wwwdaprdp.net where geo-tagged base photographs on 50 meter interval and track are viewable. The DA, however, requires that all potential contractors who will be awarded contract under the project shall have undergone geo-tagging training provided by the PRDP Project Support Office.
- The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee will hold a Pre-Bid Conference for the above subprojects on OCTOBER 29, 2015, Thursday, 10:00 A.M. at the BAC Conference Room, Ground Floor, Provincial Capitol Building, Cebu City, which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- The Provincial Government of Cebureserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at anytime prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat
Ground Floor, Capitol Bldg., Cebu City
Tel. No. 253-9614; 416-6065
ATTY. MARK C. TOLENTINO