Republic of the Philippines
PROVINCE OF CEBU
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Cebu Capitol, Cebu City
Request for Expression of Interest
Consultancy Services for MAINSTREAMING Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation (DRR-CCA) IN CEBU PROVINCE LOCAL GOVERNANCE
PHASE I – DEVELOPMENT OF DRRM-CCA AND CONTINGENCY PLANS OF 51 LGUs of CEBU
- The Province of Cebu through the CY 2015 budgetintends to apply the sum of TWENTY SIX MILLION TWO HUNDRED SEVEN THOUSAND PESOS (Php 26,207,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the procurement of Consultancy Services for Mainstreaming DRR-CCA in Cebu Province’ Local Governance, Phase I – DEVELOPMENT OF DRRM-CCA AND CONTINGENCY PLANS OF 51 LGUs of Cebu. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- The Province of Cebu through its Bids and Awards Committee now calls for the submission ofeligibility documents for Consultancy services of the above-mentioned project under Advertisement No. 15-0116. Interested consultants must acquire the eligibility documents after payment of non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Pesos (Php5,000.00) and submit their eligibility documents on or before 10:00 A.M., September 18, 2015, Friday, at the BAC Office, Ground Floor, Capitol Building, Cebu City. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion. The date and time of opening of eligibility documents is on September 18, 2015, Friday, 10:00 A.M. at the BAC Conference room, Ground Floor, Capitol Building, Cebu City.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted eligibility documents and Expression of Interest and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of five (5) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
a) Applicable experience of the consultant and associates in case of joint ventures, considering both the overall experiences of the firm and the individual experiences of the principal and key staff including the times when employed by other Consultants (45%)
b) Qualification of key personnel who may be assigned to the job vis-à-vis extent and complexity of the undertaking (45%); and
c) Current workload relative to capacity (10%).
The “Rating” multiplied by their respective “Weights” gives the weighted “Scores”. These are added to determine the total points for the Applicant. The Applicants shall then be ranked according to their “Total Points” and the top three (3) shall be considered as the “short list” and qualify them to bid for the contemplated contract. Should less than the required number apply for eligibility and short listing, the BAC shall consider the same. Further, applicants must collect a minimum weighted score of “SEVENTY (70) POINTS” to qualify for short listing.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the Revised IRR of RA 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) accredited by the Province of Cebu,
with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the
- The Province of Cebu shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) procedure. The Technical and Financial Proposal shall be given weights at 70% and 30%, respectively, comprising a total of 100% with a minimum technical score of 70 points. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
- The contract shall be completed within SEVEN (7) MONTHS from the date of issuance of the Notice to Proceed.
- The Province of Cebureserves the right to reject any and all bids, annul the bidding process, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat
Ground Floor, Capitol Bldg., Cebu City
Tel. No. 253-9614; 416-6065
ATTY. MARK C. TOLENTINO