SUGBO DAYGON 2015
1) This competition is an Inter-Municipality Daygon Contest. Every Municipality is allowed only one entry composed of bonafide residents of participating municipality.
2) The theme of the presentation, including costume and choreography of performer is left to the discretion of the choral group based on their own interpretation on how to venerate the Holy Child and celebrate the birth of Jesus.
3) The choir must sing two (2) Christmas carols by a Cebuano composer, one is the contest piece entitled “Kasadya ning Taknaa”, and one alternate song of their choice. The order of the two songs is left to the discretion of the group.
4) The presentation shall not exceed 10 minutes, time inclusive of entrance and exit. (A timer shall be appointed for the purpose) deduction of two (2) points for every excess minute will be imposed.
5) All songs must be memorized.
6) Only live accompaniment shall be allowed and should be limited to acoustic only, with a maximum of five (5) accompanists per group. The choral group must provide for its own musical instruments.
7) The composition of the choral group must be within the minimum of fifteen (15) and a maximum of thirty (30) singers including instrumentalists.
8) All choral groups are prohibited from using inflammable materials such as fireworks or pyrotechnics. A ten (10) points deduction shall be imposed against the group that violates this provision.
9) The winners will be identified using the following Criteria for Judging:
- Voice Quality (25%)
(Harmony, blending, tone and color, Intonation, breathing, projection and pitch balance)
- Musicality (25%)
(Interpretation, dynamics, style, execution,
Timing and expression)
- Mastery (15%)
(Clarity of the lyrics, message and values of the piece)
- Staging (10%)
(Choreography, floor patterns, stage balance and deportment)
- Costume (15%)
(Includes propriety, color combination, style
And adherence to the norms and decency)
- Over-All Impact (10%)
(This would cover the performance of the choir in the entirety)
10) Each of the six (6) Congressional District of the Province of Cebu will have as separate Semi-Final Round of Competition to be held in the Provincial Capitol Grounds at 2:00 PM on the following tentative dates:
- October 22, 2015 – 1st District
- October 29, 2015 – 2nd District
- October 30, 2015 – 3rd District
- November 5, 2015 – 4th District
- November 12, 2015 – 5th District
- November 13, 2015 – 6th District
11) From there, the judges will select two (2) finalist from each semi-final round who will complete the top fourteen (14) finalists for the grand finals.
12) The finals night will be on December 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM in the Cebu Provincial Capitol Grounds, Cebu City.
13) Registration forms shall be made Available at the Provincial Administrator’s Office, Capitol Executive Building. Please look for Atty. Ramil P. Abing or you can reach him through these numbers, 09209757473 or 2541629.
14) Deadline for submission of registration form is on October 14, 2015.
15) A briefing for all the representatives (Conductor/Adviser) of the choral group will be conducted at 9:00 AM on October 16, 2015 at the PB Lounge, 2nd Floor Legislative Bldg., Capitol Compound, Cebu City.
16) The Board of Judges shall be designated/ selected by the committee and their decision is final and irrevocable.
17) The prizes at stake:
Elimination: 1st and 2nd finisher
1st Prize —————————– P50,000.00
2nd Prize —————————– P30,000.00
3rd Prize —————————– P20,000.00
Consolation —————————– P5,000.00
18) The winning choral group will perform during the Cebu Provincial Government Christmas Party on December 18, 2015.