To commemorate typhoon Yolanda and show North Cebu’s recovery, the Cebu Provincial Government will hold a series of activities for the whole month of November. On the activities is the Photo Contest entitled “Yolanda: A Year After Photo Contest”
Photo contest aims to feature North Cebu during and after the typhoon.
With this photo contest, Province of Cebu like to revisit the events that happened within the past year and see how Cebu stood up again; how unity, camaraderie and cooperation within all sectors in society resulted to a better, more resilient Cebu. Submission of entries will begin on October 16, 2014 8:00 am and will end on October 27, 2014 5:00 pm. MECHANICS WHO MAY JOIN Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers. No age limit is imposed. However, as organizers, Cebu Provincial Government officials and employees as well as LENS members are not eligible from joining. HOW TO JOIN To register, interested participants must submit to the Cebu Provincial Information Office, PIO Bldg, Capitol Site, Cebu City the following:
- Completely filled out registration form and photo fact sheet
- Hard copy of photo entry in 8×10 printout
- Raw (unedited JPEG or raw format) file of photo entry with 300dpi resolution and at least 5mb in size stored in CD/DVD
Registration form and photo fact sheets can be downloaded from Cebu Provincial Government Official Website (www.cebu.gov.ph). The contest categories are: s
- Yolanda Emergency Response and Search & Rescue,
- Yolanda Relief Operations, and
- Yolanda Rehabilitation and Recovery Phase
There is NO LIMIT on the number of entries per person per category. CONTEST RULES
- Photographs must have been taken since November 8, 2013 when typhoon Yolanda struck and must be taken from Yolanda-affected towns in North Cebu (Tuburan, Tabogon, Medellin, Daanbantayan, San Remegio, Tabuelan, Bantayan, Santa Fe, Madridejos, Sogod, Borbon, San Francisco, Poro, Tudela, Pilar and Bogo City).
- Participants may submit colored or black-and-white photo entries.
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction (contrast, saturation) are acceptable, as is cropping. Major alterations such as digitally adding or removing anything are not allowed.
JUDGING Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In Round One, selected members of the organizing committee will pre-select ten (10) best photo entries in each category according to the following Criteria for Judging:
- Creativity – 40%
- Relevance to the theme – 30%
- Photographic Quality – 30%
The entries selected in Round One will proceed to Round Two. In Round Two, the Judges will collectively select Top Three (3) Winners in each category based on the same criteria. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner. Winners will be chosen on or around November 4, 2014, and be notified through email. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. WINNERS Winners will be announced on November 7, 2014 in Bogo Cultural Center. The winning entries will be displayed in the venue and in Capitol Social Hall along with the rest of the Top 10 Best Photos of each category. CONTEST PRIZES The First Place winner per category will each receive P15, 000.00. The Second Placers of each category will receive P10, 000.00 each and Third Place winners will receive P5, 000.00 each. All chosen entries as Top 10 Best Photos of each category will receive Certificates of Recognition each. Winning entries will be published in Cebu Provincial Government’s social media pages, official website and monthly newsletter “Cebu Monthly”. They will also be published in Cebu’s local newspapers and broadcasted over local radio and television stations. COPYRIGHT The Cebu Provincial Government claims no ownership over submitted photo entries. Rest assured that photos will be properly credited to the owner every time they are used. However, by submitting an entry, owners of the photograph allow Cebu Provincial Government to release their photos in publications, exhibitions, information disseminations and other campaigns.