Cebu, Philippines welcomes you to IEC2016!
The Church is working hand-in-hand with the government and private sector to give you a memorable experience in the country. Your convenience and security are important to us, so kindly take note of these reminders:
1.0 Personal Security
- Please do not forget to wear your Congress ID at all times. With your IEC Congress ID, you ride the IEC buses for free.
- To claim your kit and Congress ID, please bring a valid picture ID (or any government-issued ID) and your Registration Confirmation Receipt.
- Kindly avoid using backpacks and bulky jackets. Use a small personal bag or the Congress-issued bag. Also avoid bringing sharp instruments, flammable materials, and soda cans.
- Be prepared for bag inspections and body checks upon entry.
- The traffic and bustle of Cebu can be overwhelming, even to locals. Plan your schedule carefully and exercise patience.
Excursions and Tours
- Should you wish to take city tours, out-of-town excursions or similar activities, kindly inform the Secretariat and/or the Department of Tourism Desk.
- IEC has accredited several tour operators and travel agents available on site who will be able to make arrangements for you.
Congress Activities and Related Matters
- There are many Congress-related activities done outside of the main venue which is the IEC Pavilion. Ushers/usherettes or Help Desk staff will be around to assist you, as well as a team of language translators. They can provide you with more information on these activities or direct you to the Secretariat Office.
- There are a lot of after-hours cultural shows and concerts prepared for you in the various malls and parks. Take advantage of these free events with fellow-delegates and friends. The Secretariat has a complete list of these activities.
- Several city streets will be blocked for the duration of the Congress so traffic will be quite bad. Be prepared for a lot of walking.
- January 22 (Friday) from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- January 23 (Saturday) from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- January 24 (Sunday) from 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- January 25 (Monday) from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- January 26 (Tuesday) from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- January 27 (Wednesday) from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- January 28 (Thursday) from 7:00 am – 9:00 am