MECHANICS /PROCEDURES FOR THE BIDLISIW SA SUGBO AWARDS
- CONTEXT AND RATIONALE OF THE AWARD AND RECOGNITION
The BidlisiwsaSugbo Award are accorded to deserving individuals and institutions who have greatly contributed to the development and welfare of the Province of Cebu, particularly those who have made substantial contributions and impact in line with the Provincial Government’s Development Agenda namely :
- Health care and services
- Countryside development
- Education and technical vocational training
- Environmental protection, climate change and DRM
- Infrastructure development and private sector cooperation, and
- Law and Order
Bidlisiw which means “beacon” of light will, thus, refer to the institution or individual who exemplifies sterling performance worthy to emulation.
B. COMPONENTS OF THE AWARD
B.1. BIDLISIW SA SUGBO AWARD FOR INSTITUTION
B.2. BIDLISIW SA SUGBO AWARD FOR INDIVIDUALS
C. PROCESS AND GUIDELINES OF THE AWARDS
C.1 NOMINATION FOR THE AWARDS
The Bidlisiw sa Sugbo Awards for Institution is open to all private institutions/organizations, be they corporations, non-government organizations, civic organizations, people’s organization, church-based organizations, or religious organization which have operated for at least 3 years and have built a track record of dedicated service to uplifting the lives of people and communities in the province of Cebu.
The Criteria for nomination are as follows:
1. Service Excellence and Professionalism
2. Impact of the nominee’s work to the community and society
3. Innovation and Creativity
The Bidlisiw sa Sugbo Awards for Individuals is open to every Filipino or Cebuano, natural born or naturalized citizen,of good moral character, and at least 3 continuing years of commitment to his/her profession, vocation and service who have made a significant impact on uplifting the lives of people and communities in the province of Cebu.
The Criteria for nomination are as follows:
1. Service excellence and professionalism
2. Impact of Work to Community and Society
3. Innovativeness and creativity in nominee’s work, service, and vocation
C.2 WHO MAY NOMINATE
The Province of Cebu invites the public to nominate or endorse a candidate/s or nominee/s by accomplishing the Official Nomination Forms. These forms may be downloaded from the Cebu Provincial Government website (www.cebu.gov.ph), and obtained from the Office of the Search & Awards Committee c/o Office of the Provincial Administrator, Cebu Provincial Capitol.
Self- nomination shall not be entertained. Nominees will be informed of the Secretariat and will be requested to signify in writing their acceptance of the nomination, all nominees/candidates and/or nominators should submit on a specified deadline all pertinent information, documents and other requirements to support the nomination.
C.3 THE SELECTION PROCESS
Institutions and individuals nominated for the award will undergo a selection process. Through the information obtained from the nominees/candidates and/or nominators, the Search and Awards Committee and the Secretariat will conduct the initial screening, evaluation, profiling and validation. Then a shortlist of nominees and their profiles shall be submitted to the Board of Judges who will deliberate for the final list.
C.4 THE JUDGING PROCESS
The final screening and selection phase will begin as soon after the Search and Awards Committee and/or thru its Secretariat submits to the Board of Judges the short list of nominees. At this stage, the board of judges will review the profiles and documents for further short listing at the semi-finalist level. During this process, the board of judges will meet en banc, deliberate and decide on the process and mechanisms in arriving at the top semi-finalist. The mechanisms may include field validation, face to face interviews, panel interviews, focus group discussions or any other process that will assist the board in arriving at an intelligent decision.
The Board of Judges also decides en banc nominees to be given CITATIONS .
CRITERIA, DEFINITION, INDICATORS AND SCORING
|1. Service Excellence & Professionalism||30%||1. Service Excellence & Professionalism||30%|
|c.Feedback of orgt’l structure,brand, compliance & mgt.effectivity – 10%|
|2. Impact to Community & Society||40%||2.Impact to Community & Society||40%|
|c. Reach to vulnerables – 10%||c. Reach to vulnerable -10%|
|d. CSR Programs/activities – 10%||d. # of people/communities served-10%|
|3.Innovation & Creativity||30%||3.Innovation & Creativity||30%|
|b. Creative use of materials/resources – 10%||
|c. Innovation/replicability – 10%||
MEETING WITH THE GOVERNOR and Members of the Search and Awards Committee (added in the process for the governor with the Search and Awards Committee will have prior knowledge of the results are kept confidential and unrevealed until the Awards Nite in December).
Once the Board of Judges has confirmed its final choice of AWARDEES, it will present the list to the Governor for his information. Thereafter, the same lists will be presented to the members of the Awards Committee for their information.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARDEES (Committee will put a proviso here )
- To send the right signals about the prestige of the awards and citations, and the importance with which the awardee accords the honor as awardee, it is required then that the awardees be physically present to receive his/her award. Otherwise, the awardee may be re-nominated in the succeeding year.
- In relation to # 1, the letter officially informing the awardees shall mention the condition for the awardee to be physically present to claim/receive the award, and also will provide a part where awardee confirms his/her/its attendance at the awards.
- Official letter shall also include maximum number of people( Committee suggests 2 guests maximum per awardee) to avoid logistics concerns.