About 2,600 triathletes from 52 countries and territories will join the Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines 2015 on Sunday, August 2.
All motorists and other road users are advised to take notice and be reminded of road closures, re-routing and detours and to follow traffic directional signages during the world triathlon championship.
Ironman Triathlon is set to start at 6 a.m. at the Shangri-La Mactan. The event consists of a 1.9-kilometer swim, a 90-kilometer bike ride, and a 21.1-kilometer run.
Portions of Cebu City roads from the Mahiga bridge located near the Cebu Ports Authority to the Plaza Independencia and the South Coastal Road will be closed to vehicular traffic starting 5a.m. until the race is finished by noontime.
Drivers are urged to use extra caution, be aware of runners, bikers, pedestrians and spectators, and to anticipate traffic delays.
Travelers are also advised to head for Mactan-Cebu International Airport hours early to avoid being late on your scheduled flight.
The organizers in coordination with the Cebu Provincial Government, Lapulapu City, Mandaue City, CITOM and Traffic Patrol Group in Cebu City have released traffic advisory and maps showing the routes for this year’s race Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines.
Please be guided accordingly.
(Heart Rizarri/PIO Cebu Province)
Lapulapu City Traffic Advisory for Ironman 70.3 Philippines 2015 (August 2)
- All motorists, hotel operators, residents of Barangays Punta Engaño, Buaya, Ibo and Pusok are hereby advised on the road closure from Punta Engaño (Kabesang Tasyo Road) to ML Quezon National Highway to the junction of Marcelo Fernan Bridge.
- Road will be closed from Goldberry Hotel, Pusok up to Punta Engaño Mangal at 5 A.M. and will be opened at 2. P.M. except at the Punta Engaño side up to Amisa which will be opened at 5 P.M.
- Motorists, hotel guests, and residents affected are advised to leave the place before the road closure.
- Motorists coming from this area may pass through Mactan Marigondon Basak road in going to their destination.
- All motorists going to airport are advised to take Sangi, Motubo Road or Mactan Ebuen Airbase if available.
- All trucks, trailers, tourists bus or motor vehicle with GVW 4500 and above will not be allowed to travel during the duration of the event especially at the diversional/alternative route in going to airport.
(Please click to enlarge image or click as slideshow)